Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sending Off 2012 Santa Barbara


Aunt Clare and Grandpa were waiting for me at the train depot. I cannot believe it had been three years since I had been to Santa Barbara!

Thursday was spent visiting with Grandma and Grandpa and heading up to Aunt Mary's to see her grandchildren. I became jungle gym Carmen for a few hours as the kids discovered that I was bouncy and climbable.
Siblings!
Dominic arrived Friday morning. After two years, it was great to see him! I was felt so loved that he drove all night to spend just two days with me. We took it easy on Friday, letting Dominic rest and catch up with Grandma and Grandpa.

View from the break water
Saturday morning was beautiful between rain showers. So Dominic and I did our traditional trip to the beach. We had our morning coffee on the break water, enjoying the view of the city and the Channel Islands. Then we walked down to the wharf and the beach. Hunger struck and we went in search of fresh fish tacos--Santa Barbara needs a taco truck! We finally settled for a chain restaurant to avoid the over-priced touristy meals. But we got our ceviche, fish tacos. and cerveza with a view of the ocean.



We then drove to Aunt Clare's (mostly from memory, go us). Thankfully we got to visit with her for a bit.  A really quite, relaxed trip this time. Though, I wish I could have seen more of the family longer.

I arrived in Boise that night to freezing temperatures and more snow. Now, we have over two feet (a little over 69 cm) of snow. I've been out shoveling daily. I'm totally not ready for Russia...

Brrr




No comments:

Post a Comment