Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sending Off 2012 Part One


I just haven't felt like writing at all! Nothing much to write about until after Thanksgiving, and then it was a whirl wind of events. So here is a summery:

Most of the old gang
Some old university friends arrived in Moscow at Thanksgiving. After spending a quiet Turkey Day at Jessica's Mom's house and sleeping through the midnight madness, I had a nice leisurely drive up to Moscow.

It was great to see the guys again. Each night was a blur of get-togethers and fun, making it difficult to get around in the mornings. By the time I'd resurface, it was either too late to head to Grangeville, or another party was planned, and then winter commencement. So I spent 3 weeks in Moscow.

Some of "the guys"
I came back to Grangeville feeling jet lagged and quite lonely--going from a house of six plus people (and let's face it, little sleep) to Mom and Dad's (though it was good not to have to fight for the shower).  I spent a lot of time at Jess's, scrambling for last minute gift ideas (no Christmas spirit what-so-ever), wrapping presents, and babysitting.

Time seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve. I attended a couple of small family parties and then actually went to church, gasp! We woke up early on Christmas morning and unwrapped the presents piled under our tiny table-top tree. Then, we loaded up the car and headed to Boise. We arrived at Uncle Larry's to 30 degrees and snow.

We had planned on heading over to Grandpa's house, but I got a last minute call that altered my Los Angeles plans, and it took all evening to work out. By the time I figured out the Los Angeles to Santa Barbara trip, it was ten at night and I had to be at the airport by four.

The roads were terrible, and the temperature dropped to the teens, but we somehow made it to the airport! Mother Nature was kind to me and kept the rain that threatened Los Angeles away, so I could have a sunny and warm (sixty degree) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment