Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Welcome Back to Seoul!

Our good luck couldn't hold out for the entire trip, I guess.  Because of our 9 hour layover in China, the customs agents wouldn't allow us through our gate, but instead we had to get tourist visas (thank God we didn't have to pay for them), leave the secure area, and go to the airport check-in. We were told we'd get a free hotel room, but of course we got there and were told that all the free hotels were finished and that we'd have to pay for the hotel room at $30 plus taxi. I was outraged, plus we didn't have $30 with us and neither Matt, nor I had thought to alert our bank that we were going to be in China. Also, I really wanted to have coffee in the morning, so we decided to sleep in the airport. Should have taken the hotel. It was freezing and not a comfy place anywhere to sit. China's view of cleanliness is complete opposite of my own (dirtier than trench toilets). But we survived and managed to get onto the aircraft before hypothermia kicked in.

It felt so good to get back to Seoul after spending nine hours in China. We nearly kissed the ground. And then, after half an hour, we remembered why we wanted to leave Korea for vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment